1. Why do you travel?
It was in 2014 that I got my first passport and the start of my traveling adventures. I just got out of college and was seeking something new. Before that, I thought traveling is not for me. It may be for others but not for me. Now, it is a completely different story.
I travel because it is an opportunity discover myself more. My heart now yearns for that “there is more to life than this” experiences. When faced with new things, I have learned to let go of fears that were holding me back and embrace the unknown one thing at a time. There is always more to see, to eat, to touch, to hear and to experience. My heart is grateful to the Lord for the many times He has taken away my breathe away at the beauty of His creations and the warmth it brought to my heart and soul.
2. What did you love most about your trip?
I’m not gonna lie but the sites and the food were the first two things that popped into my mind. Haha. I cannot remember how many times my jaw dropped at the sight of the mountains of Switzerland and the golden hour in Italy. Not to mention my happy tummy filled with gelato and pasta. However, it was due to the smooth travel schedule and company that I was able to enjoy the trip. Sure it was not perfect but such bumps were not enough to dampen this unforgettable trip. The friends we have met there and the experiences that we all shared will be treasured dearly and be told to my future children. 🙂
3. What’s the one thing you won’t forget?
This is the first long haul of my family — that itself is unforgettable already.I’mm blessed to be with my family be in at least 9 countries during this trip. We bonded and they were able to see this part of the world. The cherry on top was our early morning photo session at Trocadero in Paris on our last day. We definitely enjoyed it.
You have to seize every opportunity to create beautiful memories with the people you love the most. You do not have to wait until they are old. Traveling with your family strengthens your relationship, communication and allows you to know them in a different way outside the home.
4. What will you come back for in this trip?
I will definitely go back for Italy, Switzerland and France. 🙂
5. Did this trip inspire you in any way? How?
On a more personal note, I will not forget the crossing of the border in Austria to Switzerland. The amazing shift from green mountains to snow-capped mountains was as if I was in Narnia in just a snap. I was not able to take pictures because I opted to be “in the moment”. The mountains of Switzerland are intimidating yet beautiful. I was in awe at its beauty that I was reminded of that verse in the bible that says “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made.”
I believe that if traveling does not point you back to your core, you need to look again. I have read this somewhere and I dont know who the author is but I am gonna quote it here, “Travel for your soul not for your feed.” (Although it is a bonus if you have managed to take pictures to remind you of the beauty you have seen :D)
6. Why do you think Filipinos should travel?
Given enough resources, I think everyone should travel. Filipinos should travel because they deserve to see and experience the bigger part of the world. Filipinos are known for its close family ties and traveling will surely take it to the next level. Investing in a remarkable trip will definitely move your being. You will never be the same person again every time you push yourself to step out of your comfort zone, one country at a time.
7. Any travel tips you’d like to share?
1. Have good travel adaptors for your gadgets, phones and camera. You will never know when you will use the other kinds of adaptors. I got mine for only P150.00 at a hardware store.
2. Choose a bright coloured passport holder so that it will be easy to spot inside the bag. (It’s just me haha)
3. Invest in sturdy but light luggages. Don’t forget to take care of them by putting on a good and easy-to-spot covers.
4. DO NOT OVER PACK. Be a smart packer. You can always wash some of your stuff and let them dry overnight like socks and even undies.
5. Always have a list of the top 5 must try food in that place. Remember to be in the moment. Do not rush. 🙂
8. Why did you choose to #travelwithaccess?
I chose Access Travel because they are efficient, fast and very hands-on. I remember messaging them on a weekend just for a random inquiry over Instagram then they responded immediately. It was a trial turned to reality. I have done a lot of researching for this trip because I do not want my parents to have a hard time and believe me when I say that the Access Team did not disappoint. Jerina and Angely were quick to respond and very easy to work with. They kept up with me and my unending questions and changes.
9. What are the places in your travel bucket list?
1. ICELAND. HANDS DOWN.