Chile – Bolivia
Arrival in Santiago with transfers.
Very early this morning, we will leave the Maipo Valley southwards, crossing the Cachapoal Valley, we will arrive at Apalta, a valley of premium wines in Chile, there we will visit two prestigious vineyards where you will taste their finest wines in a unique and magical environment.
Lunch will be in a vineyard with exclusive dishes and pairings with their best vines, demonstrating the best of gastronomy and Chilean viticulture.
Enjoy the day at leisure.
Transfer from Santiago de Chile to Atacama.
We leave from San Pedro to reach the Valley with a wide panoramic view of the Andes, the Great Salt Flat of Atacama, Oasis of San Pedro and all the Cordillera de la Sal, as well as its dunes transport us to a true landscape of another planet, taking the ever present Licancabur as a backdrop.
The first stop is in the salt caverns, impressive caves where it is possible to appreciate the heart of salt, plaster and clay of the Cordillera de la Sal. We continue in the Valley, crossing it transversally, and visiting the Amphitheater, the Tres Marías, to finish finally watching the sunset at the viewpoint of Piedra del Coyote with a beautiful view of the Andes mountain range. Return and arrival to San Pedro de Atacama.
We head northeast, climbing the hills and mountains of the Andes Mountains, to reach the Tatio Geysers.
The group will have time to visit the different geysers and steam columns and swim in the thermal pool. Breakfast with a view of the geothermal field then return through the wetlands of Putana as we continue to the village of Machuca.
We will visit the village of Toconao, its colonial church and the old fruit orchards. From here we will go to the Great Salar de Atacama, the third largest in the planet, and the first place of production of Lithium in the world, visiting Laguna Chaxa, part of the Los Flamencos National Reserve. In this place we will have breakfast.
We will continue to the town of Socaire, take pictures of its church and terraces, and then we will continue to the high plateau Miscanti and Meñique lagoons located at 4,300 meters of altitude, surrounded by the Andes hills. This is one of the few nesting sites of the Horned Tagua, endemic of this area, and the habitat of numerous aquatic birds and mammals such as Culpeo fox and the beautiful Vicuñas. From this point we continue on our way to the Mirador de Piedras Rojas, where at some point we will enjoy a group lunch, then return to San Pedro.
Enjoy the day at leisure.
From your hotel in Atacama, continue to Hito Cajon, the border between Chile and Bolivia, your next destination. We will see the green lagoon, with the appearance of a giant emerald. From this Lagoon there is an impressive view of Licancabur Volcano. We will make a stop at “Sol de Mañana” Geysers, with fumaroles and volcanic craters of spectacular formation, featuring intense volcanic and fumaroles activity. We will also make a stop at the Laguna Colorado or the Red Lagoon before arriving in Uyuni. Check in and overnight at the hotel.
Take your private jeep to the train cemetery, Colchani, Montones de Sal, Salt Museum, before proceeding to Isla Incawasi.
Pick up from the hotel for your excursion to the Salt Lake Uyuni. Continue to Chantani Museum, lunch and then sunset at the shores of Salt Lake.
Free day at your own leisure.
Check out from the hotel, then transfer to the airport for your flight to La Paz. Upon arrival in La Paz, continue to the hotel.
Full day city tour in La Paz, including a stop at local markets and the Moon Valley. Take a Teleferico cable car ride over the city and enjoy the panoramic views.
Check out from the hotel, then private transfer to the airport for your flight back to Manila.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Private services with local English-speaking guides
- Daily Breakfast
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Permanent assistance by our offices in each city
- International and/or domestic flights
- Entrance fees unless stated in itinerary
- Meals and beverages unless stated in itinerary
- Other service add-ons personal in nature such as early check-in, late check-out, use of mini bar, telephone calls and laundry
- Tips for the driver / guide and hotel staff
- Non-refundable deposit of 1000 USD per person
- 50% deposit upon approval of the visa
- Full payment at least 30 days before departure
- Full cancellation charges will be applied to any cancellation made 2 weeks before departure date
- Surcharge to be applied for foreign passport holders
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond intended date of travel
- Traveler shall be responsible to check the validity of their own travel documents
- Traveler must shoulder any charges or damages caused by invalid or expired travel document
- Rate and itinerary are subject to change without prior notice
- Charges shall be applied for any booking cancellation